Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!!!!




So I was walking into work this morning with one of my friends and we realized that it was Groundhog Day. I do not remember really ever being excited about Groundhog Day, yet I am always curious if the little guy from Punxsutawney will see his shadow. I suppose if I lived in a place that was blanketed by snow I would care more but living in 70 degree weather in January just doesn’t constitute a real need for winter to go away. If it were up to me I would prefer this all year round instead of my face and butt cheeks simultaneously being melted off with the combination of the scorching leather seats in a car and the initial air coming from the air conditioner that mistakenly feels like the devil himself is breathing in my face. This reminds me of something, all of you kids from Phoenix will appreciate this. Remember the old school playgrounds with the metal slides and chain link
swings? What Einstein thought it was a fantastic idea to make a playset for small children made of metal when the heat in Phoenix reaches over the 110’s? …And why did our parents buy them for us? Hey hunny, why don’t you take little Jimmy outside to play on the swingset I spent 100 hours putting together from a million different parts for him. I think he really enjoys the skin being melted from his tiny arse and little legs.

Anyhoo, all of this Groundhog Day stuff got me thinking about a fantastic movie that was made in the 90’s called, ironically, Groundhog Day. This movie is very funny and every time I see it I still think each time he wakes up it might be, it just might be, February 3rd. But no, it is not, I shed a tear then laugh all over again because Bill Murray and his shenanigans crack my moose up. (Crack my moose up – my manager’s 5 year old daughter is super cute and came in one day and apparently I am ridiculously funny because she told me I crack her moose up. I loved that phrase so much that I stole it. I figure we are pretty much at the same maturity level.) It is kind off like reliving that horrible interception from the Superbowl last night. Every time I saw replays of Harris running the ball down for a 100 yard touchdown, I kept thinking the outcome might in some way be different. To my dismay it was not. (Poo on you Steelers! They play dirty and not in the good way…don’t mess with me Ward, I got your number!! What what!)

Well, it got me and my friend thinking about what happened to Andie McDowell? Remember her? She was in every romantic comedy for years. She always played the extremely unattainable average chick. She had poofy hair like Elaine from Seinfeld and a big gummy smile. (I have an issue with big gums. I know people cannot help it, but all the same, it sort of creeps me out.) Where has she been? I mean, she was not the best actress I have ever seen but it is weird that one second you are in every single movie then fall off the face of the earth. Andie McDowell where art thou? We are in need of your crappy underacting!!! Who do you think is this generation’s Andie McDowell? Kate Hudson? She is definitely a better actress and prettier…hmmmmm. Cameron Diaz? She kind of sucks…hmmmmm. Katherine Heigl? She’s alright…seems a little snotty but alright…hmmmmm. Only time will tell!

Happy Groundhog Day!!!

No comments: